Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SGA Halloween Bake Sale


We had planned to hold a movie night and haunted house along with trick or treating on the 28th but this was postponed due to the tragic passing of Mr. Kolitha. We recently decided as a collective group to cancel the event overall, it is too far from Halloween now, we’d be unlikely to get a large turn out and the motivation to attend and hold the event is gone. I put a lot of time and effort into the planning of this event; I worked throughout my holidays thinking of new ideas to add to our haunted house, bought decorations, candy etc. I spent an hour on Skype with Keisha, working collaboratively with her in order to be prepared for when we returned. I think that much of the executive showed great dedication and commitment to the SGA, as all of us were thinking of the event during our break. Keisha made bat, ghost and pumpkin stamps and made popcorn bags to use at the event. Roger created a poster to advertise our event. I asked Upandha and Daisy to create a poster to advertise our bake sale as well. I’ve put them in charge of Spirit Days and Points which was incredibly helpful, as it takes a lot of stress of the executive and allows me to actually use the SGA rather than doing everything myself. I think I’ve had some trouble letting go and depending on others to get things done and just taking this step was significant in allowing others to do things.
We did, however, have a Halloween Bake Sale at the beginning of this week, October 31st. This bake sale, as the last one, was quite successful. We ended up earning over 15,000 rupees, which was going to be used to fund our Halloween Event but is now just extra cash. We do need to compensate for a Rs. 8000 loss as the surplus of drinks we’d ordered for the disco expired last week and we will not be able to sell them. This bake sale, as the last one, allowed the SGA to plan and initiate an activity as well as work collaboratively with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment