Thursday, July 19, 2012

Knitting

I left the scarf I started last time in Kenya so I went to Michael's the other day here in Florida and I bought some yarn and circular needles. I've never used circular needles before hence I am obtaining a new skill, as I will be able to make a different design this way. I'm using to colors, gray and white, and I'm making VERTICAL stripes with these two colors. I've never made vertical stripes, only horizontal. On these knitting needles each 'row' is the length of the scarf rather than the width. Hence I had to add over 150 stitches to my needles and many of the stitches are on the circular part of the needles. I have come across a number of difficulties while knitting this scarf and I only started yesterday. For example the yarn was extremely tight as I started the scarf and I found it almost impossible to push the stitches up the needle so that I could knit them. Last night I accidentally switched needles and I started knitting a second row when I hadn't completed the first row. I had to overcome obstacles like these and face new challenges. I've included a picture of the scarf as it is now and I will post another one when it has been completed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment