Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SGA Meeting

The SGA is planning two Spirit days for next week, Hippy Day and Blue & White Day. On Hippy Day we're organizing a bake sale and today's meeting was regarding that. There has not been a bake sale at this school organized by the SGA in the two years I've been here however I believe that bake sales are an excellent way to raise money. My friend and I held a bake sale in Jordan and were able to raise nearly $100 with simply five people running the stall and providing food. I hope that the bake sale next week will provide us with more than this as its purpose is to provide for our Halloween event. It's important that we raise money rather than lose for this event because our previous event, the Welcome Back Disco, caused us to lose money as we had a small turnout. We need to work collaboratively in order to make this bake sale a success, many of the SGA need to bring something as well as help run the stall during break and lunch time. I'm having trouble getting a straight answer from representatives as to what they want to bring and this is troubling because the bake sale is on Wednesday next week and therefore we don't have a meeting before then. I've asked them to check their OSC emails, a resource the students at this school really need to begin to check more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment