Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Operation Smile Meeting

Today was our first meeting of Operation Smile and I quite enjoyed my new role of secretary. I took attendance and wrote down the minutes of the meeting and posted them on Facebook. I feel like this increases my own awareness of my strengths because I get to utilize my skills of organization in taking notes and making sure they're known to everyone in the group by posting them on Facebook after each meeting. I like being able to take a more productive role in Operation Smile, with more responsibility. This also allows me to demonstrate leadership skills because I have to keep track of who's volunteered to do what and I have more knowledge of the club so people can come to me to ask questions. At the moment we are setting up an Awareness Booth at the PTO Picnic this Saturday. I'm baking smiley cupcakes with Meg to sell at the booth and we'll also be selling t-shirts and handing out flyers there. For later on in the year we want to hold a concert with Composer's Club, as last year's one was so successful and we'd also like to have an art competition for the younger kids (elementary school and/or middle school) to create a postcard. We'll then produce their art as a postcard and sell it for a profit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment