Saturday, September 1, 2012

Interact Group Bonding

Today was the first 'meeting' of the Interact club. I joined the club last week and was assigned to the Service committee, the committee Rasha is leading, and today we had  a group bonding session for the club. We learned a lot about the expectations of Interact and its global significance. I didn't realize that Interact was so active throughout the world and not only in Kenya--apparently ISK's Interact was named the best Interact in East Africa so we have a lot to live up to. Two of the service projects we're working with are the Orphaned Vulnerable Children (OVC) and the Runda Feeding Program. There is at least one event for each of these per month and it's required for us to participate in at least three of these per semester. I'm sure this won't be a problem for me, I'm excited to be able to interact with the Kenyan community, something I truly wasn't as involved in as I would have liked to have been last year. I have signed up for the PTO Book Sale next Saturday and I was also elected to be one of the committee leaders, along with Ashika which is exciting. It'll also give me an opportunity to demonstrate my leadership abilities. They assigned every member of Interact a pin of which I've included a photo and we are meant to wear it as often as possible, particularly to events and meetings. It's a symbol of our participation in this rewarding group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment