Thursday, December 20, 2012

Varsity Soccer

I tried out for the soccer team the week after the play ended. I wasn't happy about starting a new activity right after I'd finally finished such a time consuming one but I really wanted to be on a Varsity sport before I graduated from ISK. In choosing to participate in soccer along with continuing to balance drama as the Fringe Festival comes up, I've demonstrated qualities of perseverance. These qualities are further highlighted as I continue with a sport I played in 10th grade and was unable to play last year due to my move. Anyway, I made the soccer team and am excited/nervous to begin the upcoming season. I want to get in shape and I like having a sport to play and a team to belong to, however I am nervous about playing in soccer games at this school. It's a risk for me because I've never played Varsity here and the season is really important so there's a lot of pressure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment