Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Horse Riding

I finally started horse riding last week on Friday last week. It was so much fun even though I only went for a half hour lesson. I haven't really forgotten that much, I was able to do rising trot, sitting trot, canter and I trotted over two poles to prepare myself for jumping. I had just started jumping when I was horse riding in Jordan so I can't wait till I start again and begin to excel at it. I actually forgot how tiring horse riding is though, my inner thigh muscles and calves take most of the strain because I'm not really used to sitting on the saddle yet and the continous up and down motion works out my calves. I've scheduled another lesson for this week on Wednesday (tomorrow) and I aim to have a smoother transition into trot and canter. I had a lot of trouble on Friday because not only am I out of practice but also the horse I rode (Sierra) isn't as obedient as other horses, at least that's what my instructor said!

No comments:

Post a Comment