Sunday, May 6, 2012

I finally finished the scarf by learning how to make tassels and adding them on today. My mom showed me how to create six-stringed tassels by following the instructions below:

1) Fold the yarn into three equal parts and cut it from the ball
2) Fold the three equal parts in half and use a crochet needle to pull the yarn from the middle through the end of the scarf
3) Poke the ends of the tassels through the opening made by the pulling the yarn through the end of the scarf
4) Pull to make a knot to make sure the tassel stays

I've obtained a new skill by doing this and I'm happy I've learnt it because now I know I can create a scarf all by myself. I'm actually knitting another scarf now, I was able to create the stitches by myself and I've included a photo of my progress so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment