Saturday, May 19, 2012

JV Volleyball ISK: Final Reflection

Yesterday was our last Volleyball game and we ended up UNDEFEATED:) Our last two games were the best two, we dominated the court, winning all three sets and playing three hit Volleyball. It was a lot of fun because the teams we played against generally played one hit Volleyball, giving us a lot of free balls and I thought we worked collaboratively really well in returning these. As a team I really think we improved but my serving got much weaker throughout the season. I learned the positioning, which was one of the reasons why I didn't make Varsity, but my serving, which was one of the reasons I was chosen to play on JV, got much worse. I learnt a lot about my areas of strengths as well as weaknesses and maybe if I practice my service over the summer I will be able to make ISSEA next year. I'm glad I did join this team though because it's been an experience filled with ups and downs, a learned a lot, didn't do so well at times but made up for it in other instances, got to know some of the girls in the grades below me  and undertook a new challenge of being on a team at ISK, persevering till the end of the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment