Saturday, October 20, 2012


I went to participate in the Runda Feeding Program on October 14. It's very near my house so it was interesting to see this community outreach program within my own community. This program allowed me to engage with issues of global importance, as I was able to provide meals for a great number of people, including the aged people living in the hostels. The program was divided into stations, such as, bread, mendazis, milk, biscuits and so on. I was at the bread station. The experience was very factory-like, we were all in a line and I passed the bread down to the last few people in the line (Rosa & Nalin), who then put the bread into the bags of the people at our station. Therefore I was also able to work collaboratively with others in order to find the most effective way to pass out food to masses of people. I've included photos from that day. One is of me passing out food and the other is of the children waiting in line. Before we started passing out food I went around and took a few photos and the children got really into it. They loved having their photos taken. I definitely want to go again and be able to interact with the Runda community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment