Saturday, October 20, 2012

Horseriding

I went horse riding again for the first time since school started this year yesterday. It was so much fun. I feel like it's like riding a bike; you never really forget. I had the best horse, his name was Donald. He was completely prepared to trot and canter and had a great deal of energy. Plus he easily listened to me when I wanted to turn. The only problem was that because he had so much energy he began going to fast and became hard to control. When I cantered the first time he went to fast and I lost control so I went off the track. I had to really challenge myself to get control of him when cantering but I kept working on it throughout the lesson and by the end I was able to do a controlled canter around the track multiple times. It was a great feeling to have this sort of control over Donald so all in all I'd say it was a great first lesson back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment