Saturday, November 3, 2012

NHS

Yesterday during our NHS meeting I suggested that we do a cleaning supplies drive for the Home for the Aged in Runda. We visited this Home for the Aged when we did the Runda Feeding Program and on a walk with my mom we went and talked to the director, who told us that they needed fans, cleaning supplies and other things. I figured that to start off with it would be very easy for NHS to organize a drive of cleaning supplies to donate to the Home. These items are so easy for us to acquire and make such a difference to places like this, so I think this is a very important thing to do. I love how, being NHS, I have to resources/manpower to actually go about organizing something like this. I think it's great that I'm able to connect two of the groups I work with, Interact and NHS, to work towards bettering the community. I feel very at ease in NHS and am able to contribute ideas. I also gave the idea to do Christmas grams but instead we're going to do Thanksgiving grams. I suggested that we make cookies at my house, using the Autumn leaves cookie cutters that I have. This is my first true fundraiser with NHS and I'm excited to start working on it. I created the poster below for the cleaning supplies drive and will post it on the NHS Facebook page to see if it will work.


No comments:

Post a Comment