Sunday, February 3, 2013

Horseriding

I started horse riding again! It was so much fun. I went for a lesson yesterday and although I didn't get to jump I cantered for the longest time and was able to get a really smooth and fluid canter going. I also learned something I'd never known about cantering so I gained a new skill. When cantering on a circle or track you always want to squeeze the horse with your outside leg so that they begin the canter with their inside leg. This ensures that the horse is on balance and the canter is smooth. When cantering in a circle the horse will bend in one particular direction and obviously one would want it to bent in the shape of the circle, not bent the other way. If the horse starts with its outside leg it would be bent in the opposite direction of the circle. I also got a new horse called Passion Silver who is an insanely fast horse and loves to canter fast. This gave me such a thrill though and I really had a great time riding again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment