Sunday, February 24, 2013

Soccer Finals


So we had our soccer finals yesterday agains RVA and we lost 3-0. It wasn't a great end to the season because as a team overall we didn't play very well. However, in terms of myself I thought I played quite well. People on my team as well as my coach said I was doing great defending and I was able to apply a lot of what we learned throughout training for this season in the game. I pressed intensively and although I was incredibly nervous (particularly since I was starting) I pulled it off. I wish we had had Ainsley and Sierra for this game because it would have really made a difference to our mentality and therefore how we played. However, since they were at GISS we had to go on without them, which was a huge challenge. If they were there though I think we would have put up more of a fight. It's just very disappointing that after everything we went through during this season we lost the finals by so much. I'm so happy that I did participate though. I was thinking, early on that I wanted to quit, however I stuck it out and for that I'm proud. I showed perseverance for an activity and I wasn't a quitter and that's a quality I pride myself on so I'm glad I haven't lost it. This was my last experience really being on a team since I don't expect to participate in Varsity sports in college and although we lost the finals I think it was an incredible experience. I was so afraid to play in front of people at this school so it was a big risk for me but it was well worth it. I made productive use of my time, made friends, and gained a lot more experience with this sport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment