Sunday, April 15, 2012

Operation Smile Concert

Yesterday night we had our first event for Operation Smile, a concert in which we collaborated with the Composers Club. It was an incredible concert, the Composers Club is filled with talented people and Operation Smile raised over 95000 shillings, enough for at least four surgeries. I baked cupcakes to sell during intermission for my contribution to this concert. I hope to contribute even more in our next event. Four people are going to benefit so greatly from planned and initiated activity and hopefully we, as a service, can organize more events like so in order to raise even more money, as we've already reached our previously established goal of raising money for solely one surgery. I'm happy to have begun engaging with issues of global importance once again, as its been too long since I've been involved in a service since I moved to Kenya. Now that I'm done with Charlie Brown I really hope to put in more effort in regards to service.

No comments:

Post a Comment